HMRC Contact Number: 0300 200 3300

Contact HMRC on their mobile-friendly general enquiries phone number 0300 200 3300 to reach their regional offices without needing to navigate their long drawn-out telephone menu system.

HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs) is the UK government body which oversees the collection of income tax and national insurance within the United Kingdom. HMRC, formerly known as Inland Revenue, also regulates the payment of child benefit and tax credits.


Please visit the HMRC portal on the UK government’s official website – – for full contact details of HMRC, to download their official forms, and for self-help & guidance.

Income Tax – 0330 200 3300

Phone HMRC on their income tax helpline 0330 200 3300 to speak to a HMRC advisor about your income tax. If you need to tell HMRC that your tax code is wrong, to change your personal details or to get a PAYE coding notice then you should call their 0330 200 3300 helpline.

Self Assessment – 0300 200 3310

Contact HMRC about your tax self-assessment by calling their local-rate phone number 0300 200 3310. Advisors on this general enquiries helpline will be able to provide you with information about important self assessment dates, advise you if you need to use HMRC Self Assessment for your tax purposes and help you to view your Self Assessment tax calculation. You can also write to HMRC with regards to your Self Assessment query by using their official postal address:

Self Assessment,
HM Revenue and Customs,
BX9 1AS,
United Kingdom.

Tax Credits – 0345 300 3900

Phone HMRC about your Tax Credits by calling their dedicated contact number 0345 300 3900. The tax credit helpline should be used if you want to find out when your tax credits will be made, to request a tax credits claim form and to tell HMRC about a change in your circumstances that will affect your tax credit payments. You can also manage your tax credits online by using the official HMRC tax credits web service at

Child Benefit – 0300 200 3100

Phone HMRC on their mobile-friendly contact number 0300 200 3100 to make an enquiry about your child benefit payments. Advisors on this helpline will be able to help you make a new child benefit claim, to change your personal details and to inform HMRC that you should stop receiving child benefit payments for your child.

Full List of HMRC Phone Numbers

HMRC Department Phone Number
Income Tax 0330 200 3300
Self-Assessment 0300 200 3310
Tax Credits 0345 300 3900
Child Benefit 0300 200 3100
National Insurance 0300 200 3500
Employer Enquiries 0300 200 3200
VAT Enquiries 0300 200 3700